You Could Be Missing Out on 28% of Your Advertising Revenue
If you’re a major mobile app publisher or ad network who monetizes by selling in-app ad space to advertisers, you could be using an incomplete attribution system that’s causing you to lose out on a third of your revenue!
Many publishers and networks currently use an incomplete attribution system known as device fingerprinting (also known as digital fingerprinting or device recognition). Device fingerprinting anonymously matches a combination of attributes to a device to statistically predict that two events with a similar ﬁngerprint are from the same device. Unfortunately, we’ve found device fingerprinting to be accurate only for a narrow window of 18 hours to 6 days.
Additionally, we’ve recently uncovered first-party user data that shows the following behaviors –
Of users who click on an ad:
- 31% started the app for the first time in 30 minutes or less
- 55% started the app for the first time within the first day
- 72% started the app for the first time within a week
- 90% started the app for the first time within 25 days
- 95% started the app for the first time within 35 days
This means that, using the fingerprinting method; publishers and networks are not receiving credit (and subsequent revenue payout) for the 28% of users who started the app for the first time later than 6 days after clicking on an ad in one of their apps.
What’s the solution to this problem?
The server-to-server integration method used by Apsalar is able to use a significantly longer attribution window. In other words, using this method, major app publishers and ad networks can receive credit for conversions for up to the lifetime of the campaign after a user clicks on an ad (as opposed to just 6 days for the fingerprinting method).
Using Apsalar’s Campaign Source Insights API, major publishers and networks can avoid losing out on credit for 28% of the users who convert for advertisers.
The benefits of Apsalar’s solution are numerous-
- It enables the app publisher and the ad network to control access and campaign information
- The integration is seamless to the user
- It provides lifetime campaign attribution
For more information about Campaign Source Insights, you can also visit the following resources:
Please contact us here .